During the winter season we offer guided and self guided Snowshoeing and Winter Hiking trips around Sarajevo and the Olympic mountains of Bjelasnica & Trebevic. Enjoy the tranquility of snowshoe walks through pristine and snow-covered fairytale forests and peaks far away from the crowds. All guided snowshoeing trips include a professional guide and a tasty picnic lunch to make your Sarajevo winter experience truly unforgettable and fun.
* Quiet walks in untouched and rugged landscapes
* Scale remote idyllic highland villages
* Wander through pine & spruce forests to Skakavac, Bosnia’s the highest continuous flowing waterfall
- Winter Waterfall Hike€ 40The Skakavac waterfall near Sarajevo is one of the greatest and most attractive continual flowing waterfalls in Bosnia and Herzegovina and it stands for a real tourist attraction. The waterfall is 98 metres high and placed in the landscape of exceptional beauty. The surroundings are one of the most heterogenic areas in that region dominated by spruce and fir and beech and fir forests with spruce on more pronounced slopes. On shallow carbon grounds in the vicinity of the waterfall, there are termofil forests and underbrushes of eastern hornbeam and autumn locust as well as eastern hornbeam and manna ash. The rocks surrounding the waterfall have a very interesting vegetation dominated by endemic and relic types. The waterfall at Skakavac is for more than one reason, one of the most attractive tourist sites in the vicinity of Sarajevo. The name 'Skakavac' means grasshopper.
- Trebevic Snowshoe Hike€ 40Come along and explore this great area so close to your home yet so far away from your daily life in Sarajevo. A great pre-war Sarajevo favorite and a chance to see Sarajevo on a beautiful day from Trebević. We take the back road to Jahorina via Vraca to Brus, where we park our vehicle and start our 500 meters ascend to the peak of Trebević (1,629 meters). Our walk takes us along a long and winding mountain trail. Although we will be traveling most of the way through pine and spruce covered forests you will be treated occasionally to beautiful views of Romanija and Bukovik Mountains.
- Sarajevo Snowshoeing€ 42A moderate Sarajevo snowshoeing trip offering some of the best views of mountains to the south. Winding through Bjelašnica's back roads we'll reach the Rakitnica River and cross over towards Visočica Mountain. Tucked in the hills just above the ridged walls of this mountain sits Sinanovići Village (1,250m). The walk up will take us through beech forest and then open rocky terrain up to the summit of Crveni Kuk Peak (1,733m). You will be rewarded with far reaching views of the highest mountains in Bosnia & Herzegovina, as well as those in neighboring Montenegro. Mountains of Romanija, Jahorina, Treskavica, Bjelašnica, and Sutjeska National Park, all gracefully covered in white dresses, stand there just to pose to our cameras...
- Olympic Mountain Tour€ 42Olympic skiing, NO! But we will venture up that way, start at the Marshal Hotel, and disappear into the forests next to the ski slopes. We'll hike around the eastern ridge to the open valley on the opposite side of Bjelašnica's highest peak. Above the valley of Stirna lokva we'll have a phenomenal view of Treskavica and Visočica Mountains and if it's a clear blue-skied day one can see the mountains towering from the Montenegrin border.
- Snowshoeing Weekend (2 Days)€ 150A great snowshoeing trip around the villages of Umoljani and Gradina. From the traditional style Bosnian Mosque in the village of Umoljani we'll trek to the watermills and beautiful source used for centuries as energy to grind wheat into flour. We hug the ridge until Rakitnica canyon awesomely opens up before us. After a 45 minutes of an uphill through thick snow we reach the Cascades of Studeni Potok. Here, at certain times of the year, the stream falls in numerous cascades into Rakitnica river, more than 300 meters below. Following the stream up we hit Studeno Polje (Field) and the serpent like formations of Studeni Potok (Stream). Here we'll have a super view of Obalj and the long flat valley of Studeno Polje (Fields). The shepherd’s summer village of Gradina is just up the road and a hop-skip- and a jump from the Mosque in the village where the vehicle is parked. It's an extremely pleasant and rewarding winter hike.